Tuesday, October 7, 2008

side project - which one?

Some of you know me well, some very well, some only a little.

I think that even the folks who know me a very little know that I'm happiest when occupied. I'm also very content when striving for seemingly unattainable goals. That said, I typically have a couple side projects going in my life.

- Most know that me and Lisa (the wife) have another kiddie on the way - a boy! We are due late January 2009.

- All of you know I'm running the NYC marathon on Nov 2nd.

- All of you know I'm soliciting donations for my favorite charity right now :)

- Not many know but, I also am finishing a basement room (previously an unfinished work room) into a full-on bedroom for guest - because the 4th bedroom will become babies room and we still need a guest room.

ON that subject - I've been able to do the demolition of what was in there previously, framed the room with 2x4 studs, replaced a window with an energy efficient one, relocated all the wiring and also partially insulated (as of yesterday).

While running provides some level of stress relief and balance, doing home improvement provides somewhat of an artistic outlet as well.

Not sure why I'm sharing this with the world per se - guess I'm just overly proud of what we are accomplishing as a family lately (I say this because both my son and daughter and also my wife are helping build this room).

busy, busy :)

No comments: