Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Trail Running

As I mentioned previously, I'm trying to do more trail running - i DO live in Colorado after all!

Today was a day off for me so I quickly took to the hills and ran at an open space (i.e. pretty and free) park here.

It was a glorious morning so i was up there at about 10 am and ran for an hour and 10 minutes over 7.5 miles and something like a gain of 1800 feet or so maybe.

I highly recommend it. Getting up to the top without stopping was a pretty good challenge but well worth it when i sat on a boulder at the top of the highest trail (which used to be the top of a ski run evidently!). Beautiful views of the continental divide and such.

No, i don't plan on posting daily but as I get started here I probably will post daily at the outset.

Running today: 7.5 miles

No comments: