Monday, September 22, 2008

just when I thought it would get boring...

If you didn't know already... I'm a BIG fan of switching jobs every 5 months or so to keep things lively and, well, crawl up the income ladder as fast as I can while still having fun... Some of you know exactly what I mean while I'm sure others think I'm crazy...

Weird thing is.. my job isn't getting boring...

Usually after 3
months or so.. I'm convinced I can train a domesticated monkey to do my job. By this time I generally feel as though I could take over the group and steer it towards ("align it with") my own ideas on how to do stuff ("strategic objectives"). So I generally leave and do just that.

This time around though, I must candidly admit that I am really and truly shocked on a regular basis. Now, this doesn't always mean that I'm shocked by something bad. Some would jump to that conclusion and assume I'm sticking around as audience for any comedic event that occurs on a daily basis (and it does) but, they'd be wrong. I quite often learn new things that I never thought I would care about. It, of course, is hard to give examples. In most cases I learn a ton from the way others approach problems - there are endless ways of doing this. Most cases also involve different interpersonal approaches really - which is truly interesting to see unfold.

It feels very strange but, well, I'm enjoying my job right now. Wow, I almost had to spit the words out there...

I think I have to lay down... I'm getting dizzy..

No comments: